|500g minced beef
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
1 carrot cut into matchsticks
1 stick celery finely chopped
2 slices of bacon finely chopped
300g mushrooms sliced
Good squirt of tomato paste
Your favourite Fair Dinkum Fare chilli sauce to taste
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup white vinegar
Dried Italian herbs
½ cup red wine
Good squirt of tomato sauce
Tin tomato soup
2 cups of cheese grated
- Add oil to a pan and fry the onion, bacon and garlic slowly for 5 minutes, stirring regularly so that it does not burn. Add the celery, carrot and mushrooms and cook a further 3-5 minutes. Add the meat, mix well until it is browned.
- Add red wine and allow to boil so that the alcohol boils off.
- Add vinegar, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, Worcestershire sauce, dried herbs and mix well.
- Add tomato soup and cook gently for 30 minutes.
- Boil a pot of water and add 200g spiral pasta to cook then drain.
- When sauce and pasta are both cooked, mix together than add to a large baking dish. Cover with cheese and cook in a moderate oven for 20 minutes to allow the cheese to brown.
- Serve with crusty bread.