500g minced beef
1 large onion diced
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 large potatoes, cubed and cooked
2 tins tomatoes
1 tin red kidney beans, drained
125ml red wine
Good splash of Worcestershire sauce
Good splash of tomato ketchup
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 beef stock cube
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
Your favourite Fair Dinkum Fare chilli sauce (Add to taste)
1 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
Sour cream, corn chips & crated cheese to top
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Fry mince in olive oil until browned.
2. Remove from pan and drain.
3. Wipe pan, add more olive oil and fry onion and garlic.
4. Replace meat and add wine to cook for approximately 3 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, paste, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, stock cube, dried herbs, seasoning.
6. Simmer, covered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally to stop mixture sticking to pan
7. Add kidney beans, cubed potatoes and coriander and cook for further 15 minutes
8. Serve on rice with sour cream, corn chips and grated cheddar cheese